Who doesn’t LOVE Tacos?! Tacos are a staple, a classic, an actual day (Taco Tuesday). I mean really, everyone needs tacos in their life. So today I am sharing an amazing and super Easy Taco Seasoning recipe. This homemade taco seasoning is not only easy and homemade it’s gluten-free. Happy Dance! So, if you watch your gluten intake or try to serve gluten-free foods to your kids, you can feel good knowing this recipe is delicious and good for you.
Homemade Taco Seasoning
Easy Taco Seasoning
You’ll want to skip store-bought taco seasoning because it is full of stuff you don’t want to put in your bodies. Check out the ingredients label, can you even read through the ingredients? Ugh! If you’ve been wondering how to make an easy taco seasoning that’s good for you. This is it!
Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
red chili powder (like cayenne)
Ground cumin seed
Ground black pepper
For the best gluten-free taco seasoning recipe, these are the ingredients. This recipe makes enough for 1 1/2 cups and can be stored in an airtight container for as many taco nights as you want.
Homemade Taco Seasoning for Ground Beef or Ground Turkey is perfect for all of your Mexican recipes.
When you’re using this taco seasoning keep in mind that it includes salt and you may need to adjust your recipe’s other salt amounts.
This taco seasoning is created to give your recipes the most flavor possible. The addition of cornstarch not only serves as an anti-caking agent for storing, but it also helps the spices adhere to the meat or vegetables you’re cooking, and therefore give you a more flavorful dish.
This seasoning is a medium-spicy level so if you’d like a milder version cut the red chili powder in half or more as desired. So whether you want to kick it up a notch for a spicier taco night or tone it down for your whole family to enjoy this taco seasoning is perfect.
Looking For More Taco Recipes, You Are Also Going to Love:
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!
TACO SEASONING RECIPE
Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Red chili powder (like cayenne)
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Onion powder
- 3/4 Tbsp. Ground cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. Ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. Optional Spices: Ground coriander seed
- Measure out all of the spices and cornstarch and place in a small bowl. Use a whisk (or fork) to thoroughly mix the ingredients until they're well combined. You can taste the mixture and if desired adjust any of the ingredients to your taste.
- If not using right away store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. The mix will keep fresh for a couple of weeks and after will begin losing its flavor.
- ** Sugar is added to help boost the flavor of the spices.
- This seasoning is a medium-spicy level so if you’d like a milder version cut the red chili powder in half or more as desired.