Whether you love celebrating Valentine’s Day or you loathe it, these Easy Valentine’s Day Cupcakes are worth making. They taste delicious, are easy to make, and who doesn’t love pink cupcakes? These Red Velvet Cupcakes start with a box mix, and your children can do the decorating, which makes these the perfect kid made cupcakes or mommy and me in the kitchen idea.
Easy Valentine’s Day Cupcakes Kids Love to Make
Valentine’s Day seems to have gotten a little commercialized, but there are so many fun things you can make and do that will help you enjoy the day and don’t cost a lot. Whether that is making fluffy pancakes for breakfast in bed, delicious chocolate covered strawberries or cute pink and red cupcakes.
What you will need to make your Valentine’s Day Cupcakes is in this picture below. However, I have it displayed in a recipe list form to print out towards the bottom of the page.
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
Start by baking the cake mix according to the directions on the package and let your cupcakes cool.
Next, slice off the top of the cupcake. Lay the top on a flat surface and cut out a heart using your cookie cutter.
Save the heart piece for later.
Spread frosting over the cupcake, add sprinkles, then put the top back on.
You can add sprinkles to the top piece as well. Another way is to frost the cupcake and then add sprinkles.
Next, add the heart-shaped piece that was leftover when cutting out the heart.
They are now ready to enjoy or serve up to your friends. These Valentine’s cupcakes are perfect for a school party, bake sale, or to enjoy with your sweetheart.
Easy Cupcake Ideas
These Valentines Day Cupcakes are super easy to make. All you have to do is bake them, a little bit of decorating and enjoy eating them.
You Are Also Going to Love These Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes:
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!
Easy Valentine's Day Cupcakes
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 can Vanilla Frosting
- 1 can Hot Pink Frosting
- Cupcakes liners
- Small heart cookie cutter
- Heart confetti sprinkles
- Pink Sprinkles and any other sprinkles you desire
- Bake cake mix according to the directions on the package. Let cupcakes cool.
- Next, slice off the top of the cupcake. Lay the top on a flat surface and cut out a heart using your cookie cutter. Save the heart piece for later.
- Spread frosting over the cupcake, add sprinkles, then put the top back on. You can add sprinkles to the top piece as well. Another way is to frost the cupcake, add sprinkles, then add the heart shaped piece that was leftover when cutting out the heart. Be Creative and have fun!
- They are now ready to enjoy or store in an airtight container.