Grilled Chicken Fajita Bowls are the best! With a big family, I am always looking for meals that are quick, easy and healthy and these chicken fajitas are exactly that. Healthy Chicken Fajita Bowls are an easy and delicious chicken dinner idea that your whole family will love!
Healthy Chicken Fajitas
Grilled Chicken Fajita Bowls
We love Mexican food and although we didn’t use the traditional spices you might find in chicken fajitas these chicken fajita bowls are hearty, full of flavor, and healthy, all while being delicious and a perfect family friendly meal.
What you will need to make these Dumbo Cupcakesis in this picture below. However, I have it displayed in a recipe list form to print out towards the bottom of the page.
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
This chicken fajita bowl is so easy to make and only takes a few ingredients. Start out by grilling your chicken. You can use your outdoor grill or a grill pan works just as well. Cut up your chicken and it’s ready to go.
Slice your colored bell peppers and onions in strips.
Cook rice according to the package directions. We love using cilantro lime rice, but if I only have white or brown rice I’ll just add a little fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime over the bowl. It’s delicious!
While the rice is cooking. Slice your peppers and onions into thin slices.
Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle a little olive oil over them. Place the pan in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until soft and tender.
When your rice is done, place about ½ cup in a bowl. Add one piece of sliced grilled
chicken, a scoop of the veggies, diced avocados, and some cilantro.
Serve this chicken fajita bowl up for lunch, dinner or anytime you want a deliciously healthy, easy to make recipe.
This chicken recipe is one of our go-to dinner recipes. Kids and adults love it, and it’s a good, healthy, and filling meal.
Tips for Making Healthy Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls
- Adding Avocado to your chicken fajita bowls gives it a delicious creamy taste full of healthy fats for your brain.
- Use fresh herbs and lime juice for your chicken and rice to give it a fresher taste.
- Add your favorite seasoning on the chicken when you grill it for added flavor.
- Switch up your ingredients occasionally. You can add corn and black beans to give it a more traditional flavor.
- If you want you can also have extra toppings out so your family or guests can make them up themselves. Include lime wedges, jalapeno peppers, extra avocado, shredded lettuce, sour cream, and Mexican cheese.
PIN CHICKEN FAJITA BOWL TO SAVE FOR LATER
Super simple, tasty, and healthy grilled chicken fajita bowls. Enjoy!
Easy Chicken Recipes
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following recipes. I have pulled them together for you right here!
Healthy Chicken Fajita Bowls Recipe
Grilled Chicken Fajita Bowls
- 3-4 Grilled Chicken Breast Tenders
- 5.6 oz. Cilantro Lime Rice
- Red, Orange, & Green Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- Grill Chicken – You can use a grill pan or outdoor grill
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees for veggies.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While the rice is cooking. Slice the bell peppers and onions into thin slices. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until soft and tender. Take out.
- When rice is done, place about ½ cup in a bowl. Add one piece of sliced grilled chicken, a scoop of the veggies, diced avocados, and some cilantro.
- Serve and Enjoy!