Amuck! Amuck! Nothing can go amuck when you’re enjoying these decadent Halloween treats. If you’re a big fan of Hocus Pocus and chocolate, you’ll love these rich Halloween brownies. They’re the perfect witch-themed recipe to add to your table this October.
Hocus Pocus Brownies
Want this awesome recipe? Keep reading to learn how to make delicious hocus pocus Halloween desserts and get ideas for your very own Hocus Pocus viewing party this October too. Special Halloween treats, decorations, and fun party games can make your Halloween party a night to remember!
Let the celebration begin with these yummy Halloween brownies.
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
How To Host a Hocus Pocus Party for Halloween
If you’re a big fan of the hocus pocus movie too, you’re probably already thinking about how much fun it would be to enjoy these brownies while watching the film.
For even more viewing fun, why not host a Hocus Pocus viewing party with your family and friends this Halloween?
Check out my favorite ideas for hosting a Hocus Pocus viewing party:
Decorate with a Witch Theme
Go all out with the Halloween decorations for your hocus pocus party this year! You can use my adorable printable Witch Frog Templates to create a cute witch-themed banner your guests will love.
Then, repurpose old glass bottles and jars for your “potions.” You can paint the jars or fill them with spooky goodies. Finally, make your own creepy Halloween labels for the perfect touch.
Hang floating witch hats with a fishing line from the ceiling for an eerie hocus pocus effect that will give your guests goosebumps! For an added touch, you can add battery-powered lights to make some really fun Halloween witch-themed luminaries.
Play Hocus Pocus Bingo
While you enjoy the film, and these delicious hocus pocus brownies too, have fun with a movie-themed game of bingo. You can get your own Hocus Pocus Bingo Cards from Bar Napkin Games available on Etsy. Be sure to think of some fun prizes for the winners!
Sing “I Put a Spell on You” Karaoke Style
John Debney’s I Put a Spell on You together with your friends and family at the end of the film. You can sing right along with Bette Midler or have everyone join together to sing this classic karaoke-style after the film. The kids will have a blast with this one!
How To Make Hocus Pocus Halloween Brownies
These delicious Halloween brownies are totally worth the effort! They’re the perfect dessert for your Halloween party or Hocus Pocus movie night.
Here’s what you’ll need to build your own hocus pocus themed food:
Halloween Brownie Ingredients
Fondant Brew Stick
- black fondant
- powdered sugar
Witches Brew Ingredients
- 1 chocolate fudge brownie mix (and ingredients to make brownies)
- 24 small cauldrons (I found some at Michael’s in the Halloween baking section)
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- unsalted sweet cream butter
- powdered sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- heavy whipping cream
***If you don’t want to make your own vanilla frosting, you can substitute two tubs of your favorite store-bought frosting instead.
Supplies for Decorating
- Neon green gel food coloring
- Purple gel food coloring
- piping bag fitted with a star tip (Adeco 823)
- Wilton green sprinkle pouch
- Wilton bloody skull and bones sprinkle pouch
- mini eyeball icing transfers
- Wilton spooky ghost sprinkles
Hocus Pocus Treats
Step by Step Brownie Instructions
Once you’ve gathered everything you’ll need to make the perfect hocus pocus brownies, follow these easy instructions to create an extra special Halloween dessert your whole family will love!
Fondant Brew Stick Instructions
- Dust your hands and a cutting board with powdered sugar before working with the fondant.
- Remove the fondant from the package and work with your hands to make it soft and pliable.
- Pinch off about 1 teaspoon of the fondant. Using your middle finger and pointer finger, roll the dough in an up and down motion to create a stick shape.
- Set aside on the cookie sheet. Create a total of 24 fondant brew sticks. Allow them to dry overnight.
Witches Brew Brownie Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the baking dish with Pam baking spray.
- Using a hand mixer, beat all brownie ingredients together until combined.
- Then, pour the batter into the 9×13 baking dish and bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely.
- Place the cauldrons on a cookie sheet. Then, using a knife (or your hands), cut the brownies into bite-sized pieces.
- Stuff the brownie pieces into the cauldrons. Set aside and begin frosting preparations.
Vanilla Frosting Preparations
- Using a stand mixer or large bowl and hand mixer, beat together butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream until smooth, stiff peaks form.
- Scoop out ½ of the frosting and add a few drops of purple gel food coloring. Add a few drops of neon green gel food coloring to the frosting remaining in the mixing bowl.
- After frosting is dyed, scoop ½ of the green frosting into one side of the large piping bag.
- Then, scoop ½ of the purple frosting into the other side of the large piping bag.
How To Decorate Hocus Pocus Brownies
- Using the piping bag with the two frosting colors, pipe the frosting into the middle of the cauldron.
- Then, sprinkle a few of each type of sprinkles around on the frosting.
- Next, place the fondant stick into the side of the frosting.
- Finally, enjoy your delicious hocus pocus Halloween treat!
More Delicious Halloween Treats To Try
Are you looking for even more yummy Halloween treats to enjoy at your party this year? In addition to these hocus pocus brownies, don’t miss my hocus pocus cupcakes, candy corn cookies, and chocolate spider cheese ball.
What’s your favorite Halloween dessert to share with family and friends?
Tell me all about it in the comment section. I can’t wait to read about your favorite tasty Halloween treats!
Hocus Pocus Themed Food
Hocus Pocus Brownie Recipe
Hocus Pocus Witches Brew Cauldrons
Fondant brew stick
- 1 package of 8oz black fondant
- 1 small cookie sheet
- 2 C powdered sugar
Witches Brew Ingredients
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients and decorations
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 3 powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Neon Green gel food coloring
- Purple gel food coloring
- 1 large piping bag fitted with a star tip Ateco 823
- 1 package of Wilton Sprinkle Pouch green
- 1 container of Wilton bloody skull and bones sprinkles
- 1 package of mini eyeball icing transfers
- 1 container of Wilton spooky ghosts sprinkles
- Optional: 2 Jars of Vanilla Frosting if you don’t want to make homemade
Fondant brew stick directions
- Dust your hands and a cutting board with powdered sugar before working with the fondant
- Remove the fondant from the package and work with your hands to make it soft and moldable
- Pinch off about 1 tsp of the fondant and using your middle and pointer finger and roll the dough
- ball in an up and down motion to create a log
- Set aside on the cookie sheet and repeat steps to create 23 more
- Allow drying overnight
Witches Brew Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray the baking dish with pam baking spray
- Using a hand mixer, beat all ingredients together until combined
- Pour batter into the 9×13 baking dish and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling completely
- Place the cauldrons onto a cookie sheet
- Using a knife, or your hands, you can cut up the brownie into bite-size pieces or crumble it
- Stuff the brownie into the cauldron and set it aside while you make the frosting
Vanilla Frosting Directions
- Using a standing mixer, or large bowl and hand mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream until combined, smooth and stiff peaks form
- Scoop about 1 1⁄2 C of frosting into another bowl and mix in a few drops of the purple food coloring
- Add a few drops of neon green into the main bowl of frosting
- Scoop 1 1⁄2 C of the green frosting into one side of the large piping bag
- Scoop the purple frosting into the other side of the large piping bag
- Decorating the cauldrons directions
- Using the medium piping bag with the two frosting colors, pipe frosting into the middle of the cauldron
- Sprinkle a few of each type of sprinkle around on the frosting
- Place the fondant stick into the side of the frosting