French toast is the best! At least in our house, we think it is. This Instant Pot French Toast is the most delicious and easy banana nut french toast there is. Although it’s not something we make every day, the whole family enjoys it every time I make it.
Banana French Toast Casserole
Instant Pot French Toast
This decadent breakfast treat is a great way to start the day. It’s delicious, and all you have to do is layer it in a baking dish and pop it in the Instant Pot for a quick and yummy breakfast idea.
Start with your favorite bread. I suggest choosing a thick slice of french bread, or something fruity or nutty. You’ll thank me for this suggestion, because it makes the french toast casserole taste so much better.
You can skip all of the time it takes to dip and soak each slice of bread; this delicious french toast cooks all at once in an instant pot like a casserole. Full of a creamy custard of eggs, milk, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
Instant Pot French Toast Casserole
This instant Pot French Toast Casserole is perfect for a Sunday brunch, Easter brunch or any brunch with family and friends. You don’t have to save it for a special occasion. Your family will enjoy this yummy french toast anytime you serve it up.
This Banana Nut French Toast works the best if you cook it in a casserole dish rather than right in your IP.
By adding some water into the instant pot and using a trivet or sling, it will keep your french toast from burning and bake it perfectly more like a delicious bread pudding but for breakfast. Just center your french toast on the trivet in the center of the instant pot.
Instant Pot Banana French Toast
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
PIN BANANA FRENCH TOAST TO SAVE
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following recipes. I have pulled them together for you right here!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT FRENCH TOAST
Instant Pot Banana French Toast
- 1 loaf French bread (6 slices cubed (3/4 in cubes)
- 4 bananas (sliced)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3 lg eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter sliced
- 1/4 cup optional: chopped walnuts (topping)
- Pure maple syrup (topping)
- Prep the 1 1/2 QT round baking dish for a 8 qt Instant Pot.(any round baking dish that fits in your instant pot)
- Add the cubed French bread ( first layer)Layer 1 sliced banana (or 1/4 of the bowl of sliced bananas
- Top this with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Using a microwave, melt the cream cheese until creamy. (30-45 seconds)Spread the melted cream cheese on top of the banana and bread cubes.
- Toss in the remaining cubed bread.
- Layer another sliced banana top of the bread.
- Sprinkle the cubed bread and banana slices with brown sugar.
- Add the butter slices to the top layer of bread slices.
- Mix up the eggs in a bowl.Then add the milk, sugar, and vanilla into the eggs. Whisk it together
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the cubed bread.Coat well.
- Add 3/4 cup water into the instant pot.Put a trivet in the bottom of the pot.(Or make a sling out of a large foil strip)Center the pan on the trivet in the center of the instant pot.(Use the foil sling to add or remove the bowl)
- Lock the lid in place.Put it on High Pressure.Set timer for 25 minutes
- Release the pressure by switching the valve to “venting”.Keep the French toast hot for 5 minutes before you move the lid.Remove the lid after the valve has dropped.Remove the dish from the pressure cooker.
- Set aside for an additional 5 minutes.
- Top the bread pudding with sliced bananas, chopped walnuts, and syrup.
- If this comes out too soggy for you add more time to the pressure cooker or bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.