These days it seems like everyone is obsessed with tacos and we are too. This Taco Casserole is easy to make, and the whole family will eat it up. So whether you like shrimp tacos, fish tacos, chicken tacos, or any other taco recipe, you’ll want to add this weight watcher taco recipe to your meal plan.
Weight Watcher Taco Casserole
We all agree you can never go wrong with tacos!
Easy Taco Casserole
These are the ingredients that we used to put together this delicious and easy taco casserole.
- Ground turkey
- Black Beans
- Red Onion
- Taco Seasoning
- Tortilla chips
- Cheese, lettuce, and salsa
- optional: Sour Cream
This quick and easy taco bake will satisfy all of your picky eaters because you can modify it to add all of the ingredients that you love. It’s yummy and so easy to make!
In a skillet, add the turkey, onion, corn, beans, and minced garlic until it’s tender.
Add your seasoning mix and stir it, so it’s well combined.
Heat your oven to 400 degrees.
To layer your taco casserole, place half the broken chips in the bottom of the casserole dish. Then add your meat mixture to cover the chips, next, cover the meat with sour cream.
If your family isn’t a fan of sour cream you can skip that ingredient.
Sprinkle your casserole with cheese, and then repeat the steps to fill up your dish.
If you want to add a new dish to your meal plan try this Tuna Dip recipe.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Top with your favorite taco toppings like shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, and limes.
Easy Family Taco Recipes
Tacos aren’t just for Tuesday; tacos are perfect every day of the week. Let’s eat tacos!
Pin This Delicious Taco Casserole to Save
Studies have shown that you will also love the following recipes if you like them. I have pulled them together for you right here!
Taco Casserole Recipe
Easy Taco Casserole
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can of corn kernels
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 c fat-free sour cream
- 1 c Blue corn low-fat tortilla chips broken up
- 1 c low-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 3/4 c salsa
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spray cooking spray on bottom of a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In a skillet add the turkey, onion, corn, beans and minced garlic until tender.
- Add seasoning mix.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until meat is cooked.
- Place half the broken chips in the bottom of the casserole dish. Add meat mixture to cover the chips, then cover the meat with sour cream.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until cheese has melted. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and limes.