Your family will eat this Taco Stuffed Peppers Recipe up and love it! Stuffed peppers are an easy recipe that you can make a weeknight favorite. It only takes one bite to fall in love with sweet peppers full of meat and cheese. Yummy! Plus, who doesn’t love tacos? My family could have taco Tuesday every night of the week, so this is a healthier twist on your favorite tacos with fewer carbs.
Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Taco Stuffed Peppers You Want to Eat Every Day
The taco stuffed peppers shown here are made with ground beef, but you can switch it out for ground turkey or shredded chicken if you’re looking for a lighter meal.
What you will need to make your Stuffed Peppers is in this picture below. However, I have it displayed in a recipe list form to print out towards the bottom of the page.
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
Ground Beef Stuffed Peppers
In a medium-size skillet, sauté ground beef and onions. Once your meat is cooked add in your Spanish rice.
Next up is a mix of diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and 1 ½ cups of cheese.
Mix all of your ingredients up and set it aside.
Preparing your peppers is easy. Start by cutting off the tops and taking out the seeds.
Wash your peppers and place them into your iron skillet.
Fill each pepper with the meat and rice mixture. Add about an inch of water to the iron skillet. This will prevent the peppers from sticking to the pan.
Place your skillet in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes. Take out of the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top of each one. Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve your yummy peppers with any additional toppings like Sour cream, Green Onions, Avocado, Diced tomatoes.
These stuffed peppers are full of a delicious filling made with seasoned ground beef, rice, onions, and chilies and topped with cheese, baked inside sweet bell peppers.
Pin These Taco Stuffed Peppers to Save for Later
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST BY CLICKING HERE
You Are Also Going to Love:
Studies have shown that if you really like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!
Sheet Pan Cilantro Lime Chicken Dinner
Taco Stuffed Peppers
Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 5-6 Bell Peppers (Any colors you like will work)
- 2 cups Cooked Spanish Rice
- 1 can (Rotel) Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese
- 1 small Yellow Onion Chopped
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- Optional Toppings: Sour cream, Green Onions, Avocado, Diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-size skillet, sauté ground beef and onions. Once cooked, add in the rice, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, and 1 ½ cups of cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Prepare the peppers by cutting off the tops and taking out the seeds. Rinse and place into your iron skillet.
- Fill each pepper with the meat and rice mixture. Add about an inch of water to the iron skillet. This will prevent the peppers from sticking to the pan.
- Place in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes. Take out of the oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top of each one. Place back in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with any additional toppings and Enjoy!
Amarie saysJuly 9, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Absolutely love it! Even the kids enjoyed them 🙂
Kimberly saysJuly 10, 2019 at 3:02 pm
Yay! I’m so happy to hear that!
Esmeralda saysAugust 7, 2019 at 12:43 am
My daughters and I loved this recipe 👍🏻👍🏻
Kimberly saysAugust 7, 2019 at 10:44 pm
Yay! I’m so glad you loved it!
Gia saysApril 21, 2020 at 7:35 pm
These were very easy to make and very tasty!!!
Kimberly saysApril 26, 2020 at 12:27 pm
I’m glad you like them!
Ashley saysSeptember 30, 2020 at 8:11 pm
We are making this tonight so excited to try them.
Kimberly saysOctober 6, 2020 at 10:43 pm
I’m so glad! I hope you love them as much as we do.
Diann saysAugust 29, 2021 at 1:37 pm
Can this be frozen