Oh my gosh! These Turtle Thumbprint Cookies are on another level. So yummy, they make the perfect cookie for the winter holidays or any party tray. What could be better than chocolate and caramel in a little nutty bite?! Yum!
Easy Cookie Recipe
Turtle Thumbprint Cookies
If you love thumbprint cookies you came to the right place. We love fruit thumbprint cookies, shortbread thumbprint cookies, cherry thumbprint cookies, caramel pecan thumbprint cookies and so many more.
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
Easy Christmas Cookie Recipe
Using a mixer (hand or stand) mix all your ingredients for the dough. Then cover your dough with plastic wrap and place it into the fridge for 2 hours. I know this might not be your idea for easy, but it’s so worth it.
When you take your dough out of the fridge, roll the cookie balls into the pecan chips until they are coated. You can delete this step if you don’t like nuts or even do half of the cookies with nuts and half without.
Using the back of a Tbsp. make an indent into the center of the dough and bake the cookies in the oven for 12 minutes
Aren’t they looking good already?
Using a teaspoon, fill the indentions in the cookies with the melted caramel and let them sit for a bit to harden.
Caramel Pecan Turtle Cookies are Delicious
Time to enjoy these delicious chocolate turtle thumbprint cookies. If you share these with your friends and family be prepared for lots of praise. And I’m sure they’ll want the recipe. These cookies are sooooooo good.
Cookie Baking Supplies
Pin These Turtle Cookies to Save for Later
A delicious melt in your mouth Turtle Thumbprint chocolate cookie combining the flavors of pecans, caramel, and chocolate!
These chewy turtle cookies are so delicious, they are perfect to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth! Plus, they make a great addition to any cookie exchange.
Turtle Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
Turtle Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Whole milk
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pecan chips
- 12 Unwrapped caramel squares
- 1 tsp. Water
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla until combined
- Gradually beat in the flour ingredients until combined
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and place into the fridge for 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Pour pecan chips into a medium bowl
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out two tablespoon size of dough and roll into a ball
- Roll dough ball into the pecan chips until coated
- Place coated dough ball onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat steps with about 11-12 more cookies
- Using the back of a Tbsp. make an indent into the center of the dough
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, press the Tbsp. into the cookies again and make a new indention
- Repeat steps with remaining dough
- Once all cookies are bake, if you haven’t already, unwrap the caramels and place them into a microwave safe bowl with the 1 tsp of water
- Microwave on increments in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth
- Using a tsp, fill the indentions in the cookies with the melted caramel
- Allow caramel to harden for an hour before enjoying