These Easy Unicorn Cupcakes are perfect and so much fun to eat. Tasty Vanilla cupcakes stuffed with sprinkles and swirled pink frosting for a horn is just what every unicorn lover desires. Celebrate a special birthday with these fancy unicorn cupcakes!
Unicorn Cupcakes Recipe
Easy Unicorn Cupcakes
These unicorn cupcakes look like they came straight from the bakery but you can start these with a vanilla box cake mix or your favorite homemade cake recipe. Kids and adults will love this easy cupcake recipe!
Who doesn't love unicorns, rainbows, and cupcakes? Nobody I know.
Don't feel like you need a special occasion for cupcakes, they are perfect for a spring snack, summer get together, and of course a birthday party.
Unicorn Cupcakes Recipe
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
You'll want to start with a box of white cake mix or your favorite cake mix recipe.
When your cupcakes are completely cooled, use an icing tip or small scoop to carve out a hole in the center of the cupcakes.
Fill the holes with multicolored sprinkles and place the top of the cupcake back on.
- salted butter- softened
- powdered sugar
- heavy whipping cream
- vanilla extract
- Multicolor sprinkles
- Pink food color
First, cream together the butter in a large mixing bowl. Then slowly add powdered sugar one cup at a time, the mixture will look dry. Next, add in the vanilla and heavy whipping cream and mix on high speed for approximately 4-5 minutes.
Separate 1 cup of frosting in a bowl and add 2-3 drops of hot pink food color and set it aside.
Place the remaining white frosting into a piping bag fitted with a large tip or you can use a ziplock bag.
Place a generous amount of frosting on the top of each cupcake and dip the cupcakes into a bowl of sprinkles.
Place the pink frosting into a piping bag or ziplock fitted with a star tip, pipe a small amount on top of each cupcake.
Store your unicorn cupcakes in an airtight container in the fridge. They will be tasty and pretty for days.
Serve these delicious stuffed unicorn cupcakes for a birthday party or fun treat!
PIN THESE UNICORN CUPCAKES TO SAVE FOR LATER
Unicorn Cupcakes are so pretty and easy to make. They are perfect for themed parties and will be enjoyed by everyone.
Easy Cupcake Ideas
Studies have shown that if you like these unicorn cupcakes, you will also love the following recipes. I have pulled them together for you right here!
Stuffed Unicorn Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a cupcake baking sheet with liners.
- Prepare the cake mix per instructions on the box.
- Fill the cupcake liners half full and bake for the time indicated on the box.
- Allow cooling completely before decorating.
- Use the large side of an icing tip or small scoop to carve out a hole in the middle of the cupcake.
- Fill the hole with multi-colored sprinkles.
- To prepare the frosting: Cream together the butter in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add powdered sugar one cup at a time, the mixture will look dry. Add in the vanilla and heavy whipping cream and mix on high speed for 4-5 minute.
- Take out about 1 cup of frosting and add 2-3 drops of hot pink food color and set aside.
- Place the remaining white frosting into a piping bag fitted with a large tip or You can use a ziplock bag.
- Place a generous amount of frosting on the top of each cupcake. Dip the cupcake into a bowl of sprinkles.
- Place the pink frosting into a piping bag or ziplock fitted with a star tip, pipe a small amount on top of each cupcake.
- Continue with all of the cupcakes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.