Make this Healthy Taco Recipe, and your friends and family will love you for it. Stuffed taco zucchini boats is a perfect dinner idea. It only takes one pot, one baking dish and a handful of simple ingredients to make this yummy recipe. Plus, putting everything inside a zucchini makes it fun to eat, and kids love eating something that looks cool. The best part is this Mexican zucchini boat is good for you. If you are looking for a healthy taco recipe give this one a try.
Stuffed Taco Zucchini Boats
Healthy Taco Recipe Zucchini Boats
Serving up your spicy taco recipe inside a zucchini makes it look like you went to a lot of effort (even though it’s not) and it tastes so good.
Instead of stuffed peppers this time we wanted to switch it up for a yummy stuffed taco zucchini boat. Filled with healthy veggies, beans, and a sprinkle of cheese, your whole family will enjoy these.
Start by dicing your onion, red pepper, and jalapenos. Slice your zucchini in half and scoop it out.
Brown your ground turkey, and add in the diced vegetables, black beans, corn, garlic, and onion powder. Stir it in the skillet for 5 minutes to warm and soften everything up.
Healthy Ground Turkey Recipe
Spoon everything into your zucchini boat and bake it for 25 minutes. The last step is to sprinkle cheese and enjoy!
Mexican Zucchini Boats
We love Taco Tuesday and have even tried to make up other special meal days like Mexican Monday, Fun Food Friday and more. Adding these Mexican zucchini boats to your meal plan will make a great low-carb Taco Tuesday dinner. It’s also a perfect idea to make sure your kids are eating their veggies.
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
Pin These Stuffed Taco Zucchini Boats to Save for Later
You Are Also Going to Love:
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following articles. I have pulled them together for you right here!
Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Stuffed Taco Zucchini Boats
- 5 Large Zucchinis
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey
- 3/4 can Black Beans
- 1/2 can Corn
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1-2 Jalapeños
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by dicing your onion, red pepper, and jalapenos.
- Next cut the end off of each zucchini and slice 1/4 of the front off, long ways.
- Scoop out the insides with a spoon.
- Brown your ground turkey, and add in the diced vegetables, black beans, corn, pepper, garlic, and onion powder. Stir on medium heat until warm.
- Spoon mixture into each zucchini.
- Place "stuffed boats" into a baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, and add shredded cheese to each boat.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!