It’s summertime, and one of the best things I can think of for a hot sunny day is a sweet and tangy glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade. This summer, we decided to take it up a notch and add a delicious pink lemonade cupcake to our sweet summer desserts.
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
Summertime encompasses so many favorite things
Warm evenings relaxing on the deck, swimming pools, family corn hole games that get a little too competitive, the smell of sunscreen, beach days, backyard grilling, visiting the farmers market, and homemade iced tea and lemonade.
Living at the beach is the best and brings a fun-filled summer with lots of laughter and lazy days.
It also brings creative snacks and delicious food ideas. Let’s get started!
How to Make Lemonade Cupcakes
Some of the ingredients you will need to make these lemonade cupcakes are in the picture below. However, I have the full ingredients and recipe to print out towards the bottom of the page.
affiliate links can be found on this blog at no cost to you.
This recipe calls for several ingredients however, there is a much easier way to make these lemonade cupcakes too. I have the homemade cupcake version and the easier version available to print below.
You’ll want to make sure your cupcakes are cool to the touch before decorating (or else your buttercream will melt/slide right off!)
OPTIONAL: instead of using the pudding mix in the batter you can make lemon curd or lemon pudding and fill the center of your cupcake before adding your icing.
There are so many delicious possibilities for these lemonade cupcakes.
Prepare your Pink Lemonade Icing
Separate your icing into two bowls. Add pink food coloring to 1 bowl of white icing and a squeeze of lemon and add yellow food coloring and a squeeze of lemon to the other bowl.
Easy Lemonade Cupcakes
Fill a large plastic bag with your icing and cut off the tip, or prepare a piping bag with the star tip and ice each cupcake.
BEST Cake Mix Recipes
Once you make pink lemonade cupcakes, Your kids will love these easy cake mix recipes too.
Easy homemade Pink Lemonade Cupcakes have the perfect balance of sweet and tanginess and are perfect for summer, backyard parties, or a baby shower!
PIN PINK LEMONADE CUPCAKES TO SAVE
Top these perfect summer cupcakes with colorful paper straws – serve and enjoy!
If cupcakes aren’t what you crave, try this delicious peach crumble with oats recipe.
With the perfect blend of sweetness and lemon, these easy-to-make Pink Lemonade Cupcakes are a great way to take your summer entertaining up a notch. In addition to being incredibly tasty, they also make a beautiful dessert presentation that will impress your guests!
Don’t miss out on these delicious treats; add them to your summer menu. Your friends and family will be delighted with these cupcakes are Amazing!
So prepare the ingredients and start making some delightful Pink Lemonade Cupcakes today!
Studies have shown that if you like this, you will also love the following recipes. I have pulled them together for you right here!
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes Recipe
Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1.5 cups a/p flour sifted
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup lemon curd
for the buttercream
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pink gel food coloring
- Yellow gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar.
- Add butter to egg and sugar mixture and whisk some more. Add vanilla.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your egg and sugar mixture, alternating with the milk. Whisk and mix until completely combined.
- Fill each muffin section with approx. ¼ cup of batter.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack before decorating.
- Using a knife, carve out the top center of each cupcake, about ½ an inch deep. Fill with lemon curd.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat butter, confectioners’ sugar, milk and lemon juice. Start on slow and gradually increase the speed to high.
- The buttercream is done once all ingredients are well-combined, smooth and form semi-stiff peaks.
- Divide into two separate bowls.
- Color one bowl of buttercream with pink gel food coloring and the other, yellow. You only need a small drop of each color. Mix until completely tinted.
- Set up a piping bag with Wilton tip #1Scoop both your buttercreams into the same bag, keeping them on their own sides.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Top with colorful paper straws – serve and enjoy!
EASY PINK LEMONADE CUPCAKE RECIPE
Easy Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix with ingredients on box
- 1 box lemon pudding
- 2 jars white icing
- pink food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- Prepare cake mix using the box directions
- add 1/4 cup lemon pudding mix into the batter OR prepare the instant pudding and add a little to the center of each cupcake (after they are done baking)
- Allow your cupcakes to cool completely
to prepare icing
- add pink food coloring to 1 jar of white icing and a squeeze of lemon
- add yellow food coloring to 1 jar of white icing and a squeeze of lemon
- Ice cupcakes using a plastic bag or piping bag for a fun swirl effect Enjoy!